Quick Start Guide¶
Thank you for installing EZDetach!¶
If this is your first time, please read on for a few tips on getting started.
If you have any questions at all about the best way to use the product to accomplish your goals, do get in touch with us. No question is too small!
EZDetach is a powerful yet very easy-to-use utility. Here we will show you how to start using EZDetach in just a few easy steps.
Saving your first attachments¶
- Select one or more messages with attachment(s).
- Click the EZDetach Outlook toolbar button .You will see the “Save Attachments” window.
- Click the Save Now button
- You will see a new Windows Explorer window open displaying the folder with the saved attachment files.
- That’s it. Simple, isn’t it? Whether you are saving one or multiple attachments - that’s all it takes.
Adjusting settings for your needs¶
You might want to customize a few settings for your needs. Click the More>> button in the “Save Attachments” window to see several buttons which allow you to customize how attachments are saved.
Here are a few options you might want to change:
- File Naming. By default, EZDetach uses attachment name for the file name. You can configure EZDetach to automatically rename files based on various message attributes, such as Date, Time, Sender Name, etc. EZDetach supports very flexible naming settings. Click Configure File Naming to explore them.
- Actions. By default, EZDetach saves attachments as files in the folder you specify and leaves the original attachments as-is. You can configure actions, such as removing attachments and replacing them with links, printing, unzipping, etc. Click Configure Actions to explore them.
Exploring other options¶
Now that you have mastered basic EZDetach usage, you can start experimenting with various options that make EZDetach such a powerful tool. (Saving attachments from multiple messages at once, flexible file and folder naming, mapping Outlook folders and automatically saving attachments, and much more).