Save Outlook email messages
outside of Outlook
Use MessageSave for email archiving, backup, document management, sharing, legal compliance, retention, and much more.
- Backup, save and archive Outlook e-mail messages to computer hard disk, network shared drive, SharePoint, Teams, OneDrive, Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.
- Save Outlook email messages, including attachments, as individual files.
- Organize messages in file system folders for easy access, sharing and filing.
- Keep email message together with other related documents.
- Institute consistent email archiving and storage policy in your organization.
- Automatically enforce consistent naming convention.
- Store messages for regulatory or legal compliance.
- Keep audit trail of email messages.
- Search inside of saved messages and attachments with Windows Search.
- Reduce mailbox/PST size. Offload Exchange storage.
- Map Outlook folders and automatically save messages using Scheduler (AutoSave).
- Save attachments as separate files next to the saved messages.
- Process Outlook messages with custom scripts.
- Learn more »
You can achieve all of the above benefits without having to maintain a complex, expensive server-based solution. MessageSave integrates directly with Outlook for simplicity and ease-of-use, while providing flexibility and a level of customization required by power-users and enterprise IT administrators.
Whether you need to save messages
in bulk or one at a time,
manually or automatically,
MessageSave has you covered.
Integrated with Outlook for one-click access
Save one, multiple or all messages with a click
Flexible and customizable file and subfolder naming
Save messages in MSG, PDF, TXT, EML, MBOX formats
Preserves email timestamps on saved files
Use Windows Search to search inside of the saved files
Multiple setting profiles
Large-scale deployment and administration
Highly optimized for speed and size
"I am an attorney and have been searching for a long time to find a product that would allow me to easily save Outlook emails into client folders outside of Outlook. MessageSave does exactly what I need, and does it well. I am glad I found this product." - Brian T.
"I run a commercial real estate development and building company. We have many projects underway and need to store documents and e-mail in the correct locations for quick and easy later retrieval. The combination of MessageSave and QuickJump is an outstanding and easy-to-use way to store, find and manage our e-mail documents." - Robert E.
"We are a large International Engineering Consultancy. We have large amounts of emails required to be saved as date, time, from/to format. Currently we forward to document control and messages are saved individually and manually. This is time consuming and file folders are not up to date. Message safe does the job faster and easier in a format that complies with our Quality Management System." - Chris H.
"MessageSave a great product! It will help us archive our e-mail with each project, and keep it together with all that project's drawings, documents and other electronic files." - Rich M.
"Amazing. That's all there is to say! At our university, there is a need to document activities that occur on campus, and many of that comes through our e-mail system. This is the best way to keep track of what's going on, and I'm going to recommend it to at least 2 departments first thing in the morning!" - Morgan E.
MessageSave is available in three editions - Standard, Pro and Ultimate.
The following table lists features available in each edition.
The evaluation version includes all features.
- Save individual messages or entire folders with subfolders.
- Preserve timestamps and other email metadata on saved files.
- MSG, TXT, EML, HTML format.
- Simple file and folder naming.
- Smart destination folder selection based on history.
- Email support.
- Everything in Pro.
- Save attachments as separate files.
- Import MSG files back into Outlook.
- Execute custom scripts.
- Centrally manage folder mappings, profiles and QuickPick locations.
- Bulk activation management.
- RDS, Citrix, VDI deployment.
- Priority support.
Detailed Feature Matrix
|Integrated with Outlook for one-click access.|
|Highly optimized for speed and size.|
|Preserve email timestamp and other metadata on saved files.|
|Works on sent and received messages.|
|Works on individual Exchange mailboxes, PSTs, Public Folders and Office 365.|
|Save to local disk, network drive, or SharePoint.|
|Save selected messages or entire folder with subfolders.|
|QuickSave - one-click saving.|
|Map Outlook folders to automatically save messages (AutoSave and Scheduler).|
|Save messages in MSG, TXT, EML and HTML Format. (Attachments are included in the same file as the message in MSG format).|
|Save attachments as separate files.|
|Save messages in PDF format.|
|Marked processed messages with categories.|
|Compatible with Windows Search for easy searching and retrieval of saved messages.|
|Pre-select destination folders based on the save history.|
|QuickPick - fast type-ahead folder selection.|
|Centrally preconfigure destination folders for your users.|
|Simple file naming. Append sender/recipient names, message date/time to file names.|
|Fully customizable file/folder naming to match your organization standards and conventions. (File and Subfolder naming templates).|
|Use custom field in file/folder naming.|
|Multiple configuration profiles.|
|Export/Import configuration manually.|
|Centralized large-scale deployment and administration.|
|Centrally manage folder mappings, profiles and QuickPick locations.|
|Import MSG files back into Outlook, maintaining folder structure.|
|Execute custom scripts on saved messages.|
|Bulk activation management.|
|Support for RDS, Citrix, VDI deployment.|
- Microsoft® Windows® 10, 2016, 2019 (64 and 32 bit) with the latest updates.
- Outlook 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019, Office 365 (64 and 32 bit) with the latest updates.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.1 or newer.
- MessageSave does NOT work with Outlook Express.
- MessageSave End User License Agreement (EULA). Uninstall info.