Installing and Upgrading¶
Installing on a new computer¶
To install AccountCheck, download and run the installer. Be sure to close Outlook during installation.
We provide 3 types of installers:
- All Users EXE installer. Requires administrator permissions. Installs the product for all users of the device.
- Current User EXE installer. Does not require administrator permissions. Installs the product for the user running the installer. Do not run it as administrator.
- All Users MSI installer. Requires administrator permissions. Installs the product for all users of the device. Available by request to the Pro and Ultimate edition customers. Used for unattended large-scale deployment in large organizations. We recommend that you use the EXE installer unless you have a special reason to use MSI.
After running the Installer, restart Outlook and you should see the TechHit tab on the Ribbon in the main Outlook window.
To install a new version of AccountCheck, follow the same steps as you did when you originally installed it. There is no need to uninstall the previous version if you are using the same type of installer.
Upgrading without uninstalling works only for the same type of installer. If you need to change to a different installer type, you have to uninstall first.
You can use the More -> Check for Updates command to check if there is a new version available.
- Uninstall AccountCheck from the old computer. (Using Windows Control Panel).
- Install AccountCheck on the new computer using the same steps you used for the original installation (see above).
To move the license, follow these instructions to move your license to the new computer.
When you purchase a license, be sure to save your license key in a safe place, so you can reinstall the product in the future.
Large-scale deployment and administration¶
For large installations, it is not practical to walk around in order to install software and enter the license key on every workstation. We provide a way for system administrators to centrally install and manage AccountCheck (Pro and Ultimate editions). This approach starts making sense for sites over 20 users and easily scales up for large organizations. We have customers that manage installations for thousands of users. Please contact us for details.
How to uninstall AccountCheck¶
You can uninstall AccountCheck using the Windows Control Panel, just like any other Windows Application.