QuickJump Frequently Asked Questions¶
- Installation and Compatibility
- Does QuickJump send my folder data to TechHit servers?
- Not all my folders are showing up in QuickJump, why?
- Does QuickJump support network drives?
- How can I add UNC locations to the included folder list?
- Can I use wildcard patterns to exclude folders?
- How are folders sorted in the main window?
- How do I navigate using an existing File Explorer window instead of opening a new one?
- Can I use QuickJump to copy or move files in Windows File Explorer?
Installation and Compatibility¶
How do I install and activate the product?¶
Step 1 - Install the software
Download and install the trial version of the product, if you have not already done so. Run the installer and follow the prompts. If you have a license, be sure to install the version for which you are licensed.
Step 2 - Enter the license key
- Open the main QuickJump window (hit Ctrl+Shift+J).
- Click Enter License Key menu at the top of the main window.
Be sure to save your license key email in a safe place. You will need it if you decide to move the product to a new computer in the future.
I administer thousands of workstations. How do I easily deploy QuickJump to all of them?¶
For the enterprise edition customers, we provide a mechanism for large scale deployment and administration. Contact us for details.
What operating systems are supported?¶
- QuickJump v2: Windows 10, 11, 2016, 2019, 2022 with the latest updates. Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.1 or newer is required.
- QuickJump v1: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 2008 R2, 2012 R2 with the latest updates. Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1 is required.
How do I install the product for all users on a computer or a Terminal Server?¶
The default EXE installer installs the product for the current user only. We do provide a separate MSI installer for Administrators installing for all users (requires the enterprise edition).
Which edition is the trial - Standard or Enterprise?¶
The trial version includes features of all edition, so you can evaluate them all and decide which features best meet your requirements.
How do I transfer my QuickJump license to a new computer?¶
Please see the Changing Computers section of the User Guide. Be sure to save your license key email in a safe place.
How many licenses do I need?¶
Starting with version 2, QuickJump is licensed per-user. A licensed user can use the product on up to 5 devices, provided all devices are exclusively used by that user. (A user is identified by the Windows login user name). If multiple users have access to a device where the product is installed, each user requires a license.
Prior to v2, QuickJump was license per user per device.
How do I cancel my subscription?¶
We believe cancelling a subscription should be as easy as creating one.
If you ran into any issues, give us a chance to help you fix them.
I have lost my license key. How do I find it?¶
What is your refund policy¶
See our refund policy.
Does QuickJump send my folder data to TechHit servers?¶
QuickJump logic is client-based. Your folder names are not sent to TechHit servers.
Not all my folders are showing up in QuickJump, why?¶
By default, QuickJump indexes only a subset of your folders. To configure QuickJump to include other folders, click on the QuickJump taskbar notification area icon (next to the system clock), select Configure Folder Locations and use the Configure Folder Locations Window to add the folders you would like to have indexed.
After you add new folder locations, please wait for QuickJump to finish scanning them before all folders appear in search results. You can tell when the scan is finished by lookign at the Scan-In-Progress Indicator in the main window.
Does QuickJump support network drives?¶
Yes, QuickJump supports network drives. Please see the question just above for instructions on how to add your network drives.
How can I add UNC locations to the included folder list?¶
In the Configure Folder Locations Window, hold down the Shift key while clicking on Include Folders. This will open a window where you can paste a UNC path directly, instead of the usual “Browse for Folder” dialog.
Can I use wildcard patterns to exclude folders?¶
Yes, QuickJump supports wildcard patterns.
How are folders sorted in the main window?¶
Initially, the folder list is unsorted. After you start typing search terms, the results will be sorted based on your past usage.
Can I use QuickJump to copy or move files in Windows File Explorer?¶
Yes, absolutely. Just follow these simple steps:
- Select the file(s) you would like to copy in File Explorer.
- Hit Ctrl+C for copy (or Ctrl+X for move).
- Use QuickJump to open the destination folder in File Explorer.
- Hit Ctrl+V to copy / move the files.