QuickJump Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)¶
- Installation and Compatibility
- Not all my folders are showing up in QuickJump, why?
- Does QuickJump support network drives?
- How can I add UNC locations to the included folder list?
- Can I use wildcard patterns to exclude folders?
- How are folders sorted in the main window?
- How do I navigate using an existing File Explorer window instead of opening a new one?
- Can I use QuickJump to copy or move files in Windows File Explorer?
Installation and Compatibility¶
What operating systems are supported?¶
QuickJump works on Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 2008 R2, 2012 R2 with the latest Service Pack.
How do I install the product for all users on a computer or a Terminal Server?¶
The default EXE installer installs the product for the current user only. We do provide a separate MSI installer for Administrators installing for all users.
How do I enter my license key into QuickJump?¶
First, download and install the trial version of the product, if you have not already done so. Be sure install the version for which you have a license key.
- Open the main QuickJump window (hit Ctrl+Shift+J).
- Click Get Full Version in the upper-right corner of the main window. See this image for an illustration
Be sure to save your license key email in a safe place. You will need it if you decide to move the product to a new computer in the future.
How do I transfer my QuickJump license to a new computer?¶
Please see this section of the User Guide.
How many licenses do I need?¶
You need one license for each computer where you install the product. If multiple users use the same computer (not at the same time), you only need one license for that computer, unless it is a shared server environment, such as Terminal Server, Citrix, etc. In that case, you need a license for each user who has an ability to run the product on that server. (Named user license, rather than concurrent license).
Not all my folders are showing up in QuickJump, why?¶
By default, QuickJump indexes only a subset of your folders. To configure QuickJump to include other folders, click on the QuickJump taskbar notification area icon (next to the system clock), select Configure Folder Locations and use the Configure Folder Locations Window to add the folders you would like to have indexed. After you add new folders, it might take up to 10-15 minutes for them to become available in the Folder Lookup window.
Does QuickJump support network drives?¶
Yes, QuickJump supports network drives. Please see the question just above for instructions on how to add your network drives.
How can I add UNC locations to the included folder list?¶
In the Configure Folder Locations Window, hold down the Shift key while clicking on Include Folders. This will open a window where you can paste a UNC path directly, instead of the usual “Browse for Folder” dialog.
How are folders sorted in the main window?¶
Initially, the folder list is unsorted. After you start typing search terms, the results will be sorted based on your past usage.
Can I use QuickJump to copy or move files in Windows File Explorer?¶
Yes, absolutely. Just follow these simple steps:
- Select the file(s) you would like to copy in File Explorer.
- Hit Ctrl+C for copy (or Ctrl+X for move).
- Use QuickJump to open the destination folder in File Explorer.
- Hit Ctrl+V to copy / move the files.