Automatically print Word document Outlook attachments
Do you need to print Word document attachments? EZDetach makes that process very easy. Simply follow the steps below.
Note: you must have Microsoft Word installed for this method to work.
- Save this file printdoc.vbs to c:\printdoc.vbs
- Select a message with Word document(s) attached and click the EZDetach Outlook toolbar button.
- In the EZDetach "Save Attachments" dialog, check "Detach only if attachment name contains..." and type "doc" (without quotes) in the field next to it.
- Check the "Execute" checkbox and put c:\printdoc.vbs in the field next to it.
- Click "Save Now"
- That's it. The attachments should be printing on your default printer.
You can also follow the above steps to create Rule Wizard rules with EZDetach to automatically print attachments in incoming messages. See EZDetach User Guide for more information on creating rules with EZDetach.
Note: printdoc.vbs script we provide is very simple, just to illustrate the approach. It can be made more robust/feature full to fit your needs.
Did you find this tip useful? Let us know.