Remove duplicate Outlook email messages
One of our customers came up with a way to use MessageSave to remove duplicate Outlook email messages from an Outlook folder. Here are the steps:
- Change to the Outlook folder you would like to eliminate duplicates from.
- Click on the MessageSave button.
- Click "More"
- Click "Configure File Naming"
- Enable "Append Sender Name", "Append Message Date", "Append Message Time", "Append Message Subject" on the Naming tab.
- Enable the "overwrite" checkbox at the bottom of that window. Use the default "msg" format.
- After MessageSave finishes the export, drag and drop the saved "msg" files back into an empty Outlook folder. All duplicate messages will have been removed.
Did you find this tip useful? Let us know.